It is a Class B railway station and some trains which stop at Shegaon are :
1. Mum - Nagpur 1005-6 Vidharbha Express Arr Shegaon 6 am Dep 7.40 pm.
2. Mum - Howrah 8001-8002 leaves and arrives 30 minutes after Vidarbha express.
3. Mum - Howrah 8029-8030 leaves Kurla Terminus at 10 pm and reaches Shegaon approx at 10 am.
4. Nagpur Sevagram express also halts at Shegaon.
5. Kolhapur - Pune - Nagpur Maharashtra express is for passengers travelling from Pune and Kolhapur.
6. Gitanjali express does not halt , but you can alight at Akola and take a bus / private vehicle to Shegaon and reach in 1 hour's time.
There are also luxury buses and State Transport buses which leave from Dadar and Mumbai Central for Mumbai residents. Once you reach Shegaon - its a great feeling,and Buses, Autos, cycle rickshaws are plenty.
There are a number of private hotels apart from the Sansthan run Bhakta Nivas , offering accomodation and Thursdays witness very heavy rush.
Temperaturs in Summer can touch 40 Deg C upwards and the heat is scorching and dry. Winters are cold - Nov 15th to Jan 30th is winter and temperature could be 19 deg C. Adequate warm clothing is a must in winter.