Be Wise! Act Smart!
How to recognize fraud mails with subject of email :
One fine morning you login to your email account and see one mail with subject "PAYMENT APPROVAL FROM WORLD BANK" or "LOTTO WINNER" or "MICROSOFT USER LOTTERY". Will you feel very happy??? Please don't get flattered by such mail. If you fall pray to such fraud mail, then you will be landing in a BIG trouble.
Be Cautious :
These mails will be telling you that you have won prize/heritage of millions of dollars/euros. For transferring this amount to you they need your personal details and bank account details.
Those who believe such mail for the first time, they wont think much and share all these personal/financial information with a stranger who is giving them Fortune money FREE of cost.
But are you really getting the money?
What is the scam?
When your personal information like name, spouse name, birth date, address, and mainly Bank account details are shared, it is very easy for these fraud companies to crack your internet banking password and in a fraction of moment your bank balance will be made NIL (Zero).
Questions to ask yourself :
1. The emailing person which claims to be high authority of World Bank doesn't have an email address of world bank domain? Think Again.
2. Microsoft Finance officer who is offering you millions is having email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. Why not xxx@ Microsoft.us ? Think Again.
3. Is World Bank out of ChequeBooks/Drafts to ask for your address and Bank account number? Think again and again.
1. Be sure that you Never share your banking password/pin with anybody.
2. Remember that you are not the Prime minister of India. Why should world bank / Microsoft will give you Free million Dollars? Think twice before you Act!
3. Never keep your pin related to your/your spouses name/Birth date. It makes the hackers easier to guess the Banking password/PIN.
Be Wise! Act Smart!
One Example of the Emails I got Today :
From Desk of the Secretary-General
World Bank Group, LONDON , UNITED KINGDOM
PAYMENT APPROVAL FROM WORLD BANK LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
I am Rev. Jim Foster, Bill and Exchange Manager/ Secretary General, Head of the World Bank Finance Group, London Branch set up to fight against scam and fraudulent activities worldwide. This Group is responsible for investigating the legitimacy of unpaid contract, inheritance and lotto winning claims by companies and individuals and directs the paying authorities (Banks) worldwide to make immediate payment of verified claims to the beneficiaries without further delay.
You are being legally contacted regarding the release of your long awaited fund. After a detailed review of your file, the World Bank Group has mandated that your fund should be release immediately. The sum of £500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds only) has been approved in your favour via my desk. I therefore wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter.
Please re-confirm to me the following
(1) Your Full Name................................
(2) Phone, Fax and Mobile Number.........................
(3) Company Name, Home Address.......................
(4) Profession, Age and Marital status.....................
(6) Payment options - Cash/Bank transfer..........
Note that the above fund has been cleared from terrorist or fraud related activities.
Thanks for Your Cooperation
Rev. Jim Foster
World Bank Group
Contact Email: email@example.com
thanks for sending such information as i am getting daily this types of message. but i never try & after your this articles i never try.