How to Reach:-
1. By Air:- Jalgaon is having a small airport but it is in developing state. It is expected that, it will complete before Dec-2011. But I am not sure about whether it will be available for public or not. Nearest airport for Jalgaon is Aurangabad airport but Aurangabad to Jalgaon is about 3.5 hrs road journey.
2. By Train:- Train is a best and economical option to reach at Jalgaon or Bhusawal city. Both cities are junction places but Bhusawal city is having more frequency of trains than Jalgaon city. The distance between Bhusawal and Jalgaon is about 28 kms.
3. By Bus:- Both Jalgaon and Bhusawal are having good road connectivity to other major cities like Pune, Nagpur, Mumbai, Nasik and Aurangabad. That's why bus is also good option to reach at Jalgaon. Various Asiad buses are running from/to these cities.
To reach to Jalgaon, I recommend train.
Best Season to visit:-
Monsoon (August-September) and winter (October-January)
Maximum temp. in summer is about 48O C
Minimum temp. in winter is about 7o C
Tourist attraction in Jalgaon District:-
1. Ajanta caves:- Ajnta caves are 29 rock-cut cave monuments. Ajanta caves includes paintings and sculptures of Buddhist religious art. The caves were built around 200 BCE. Ajanta caves is not located in Jalgaon district. Ajanta caves are located in Aurangabad district which is neighboring district of Jalgaon. But Jalgaon is nearest major city. The distance from Jalgaon city to Ajanta caves is 60 kms.
Timing - 9.00AM to 5.30PM
Note:- Ajanta caves remains closed on Monday only.
2. Pal Hill Station:- Pal hill station is the pleasant place. Pal is surrounded by a nice dense forest. Pal is under Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary so it has a good plants and animals biodiversity. You can stay at government guest house. This is the place where you can see the natural scenery and enjoy nice weather. Garbardi dam is on the way to pal which is nice place to visit. The distance from Jalgaon city to Pal Hill station is 90 kms.
3. Patnadevi:- Patnadevi is a religious place. Patnadevi is also birth place of great of all time who invented 'zero' – Bhaskaracharya. Patnadevi is fall under Gautala wildlife sanctuary. You can see panthers, bears, peacocks, wolf, dears and etc in this wildlife sanctuary. There is a waterfall in deep forest which flows up to November month approximately. The distance from Patanadevi temple to waterfall is about 3 kms. The distance between Jalgaon and Patnadevi is about 105 kms.
Note: You have to leave this place before 5.30 pm as per the instructions of wildlife sanctuary officials.
4. Manudevi:- Manudevi is also a religious place. Manudevi is the kuldevi of most of the people in Jalgaon district. This place is surrounded with deep forest. In monsson period you can enjoy in the waterfall. This is a good place for trekking. While moving towards manudevi from Adgaon village, a small river crosses you 7 times. The distance between Jalgaon and Manudevi is about 36 kms.
5. Padmalaya:- Padmalaya is a religious place. This place is among the two and a half Shree Ganapati Peeths in India; Padmalaya is considered as the half Peeth. Padmalaya is famous for the temples of Hanuman and Lord Ganapati. This is also located in forest area.
6. Unapdeo:- This place is famous for the hot water streams which are flowing from Satpuda mountain. This place has special mention in the Ramayana.
Except this, there are some small places like parola fort, Changdeo temple and Hatnur dam, Swinging Towers of Farkande and etc.
How to Reach:-