Recipe of Maharashtrain Baigan Bharta
Here I am explain, how to prepare baigan bharta. Maharashtrian Baigan Bharta is very famous Marathi dish. try out in your kitchen by following process,
1.10/12 small round brinjals,
2.cup dry shredded coconut
3.3/4 cup peanut powder or peanuts (roasted)
4.1/4 cup sesame seeds
5.1/2 tbsp each coriander-cumin seeds
6.tbsp Maharashtrian goda Masala
7.a pinch of tamarind
11.ginger-garlic paste (optional)
1. Remove stems and give four slits (not fully) to the brinjals.
Wash them in salt water and keep aside.
2. Roast coconut, sesame seeds, and coriander-cumin seeds together till light brown.
Grind this mixture with tamarind, jaggery, peanut powder, ginger-garlic paste,salt, chili powder and goda masala.
3. Fill all the brinjals with this paste.
4. in a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter, add asafetida, turmeric powder.
5. Add the brinjals.
Pour in some water just to cover the top of brinjals.
6. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 min.
7. Remove the lid and stir.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Tip: For variation, add finely chopped onions into the stuffing.
Try gherkins (tondli) instead of brinjals and keep rest of the method same as above
More articles: Recipe
No responses found. Be the first to comment...