UPSC QUESTION PAPER 2 - 2005 (GEOGRAPHY)
1. Mark on the outline map of India supplied any ten of the following entries. Write brief notes (not exceeding 30 words) on the significant aspects of the same ten entries:
(I) Jawaharlal Nehru Port
(ll) Chandra Bhaga River
(III) Kaimur Range
(V) Ganga Sagar
(VI) Indira Point
(VI) Cardamom Hills
(VII) Bombay High
(IX) Nag Pahar
(X) Gersoppa Falls
(XI) Pulicat Lake
2. "Non-conventional energy is the energy of the future in India." Justify this statement.
3. Present an account of the success and constraints of White Revolution in India.
4. What is the Golden Quadrilateral? Discuss the progress made in its execution and impacts on Indian economy.
5. Answer any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) Identify the tribal of India and highlight their important problems.
(b) Discuss briefly the principal types of rural settlements in India.
(c) Elucidate the concept of sustainable growth and development.
(d) Discuss Panchayati Raj as a measure of decentralized planning in India.
6. Give an account of the distribution of flood-prone areas of India and the programmes and policy of controlling the impact of floods in the country.
7. Examine the relationship between geography and regional planning.
8. Discuss the experience of regional planning in India in the context of National Capital Region.