UPSC Geography Question Paper 2005
1. On the outline map of the World supplied to you, mark any ten of the following and also write in your answer script the most significant aspect of each of them in not more than 10 words:
(c) Lake Balaton
(d) Port Louis
(e) Great Barrier Reef
(g) Broken Hill
(h) Nova Scotia
2. "Structure is a dominant control factor in the evolution of landforms;" Discuss with suitable examples.
3. Discuss the main features of the climatic classification system evolved by Koppen. Also point out its anomalies.
4. Bring out the major problems of environmental pollution at global scale and suggest measures to check it.
5. Write short notes on any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) Role of seismic waves in the study of earth's interior
(b) Soil erosion and conservation
(c) A real differentiation
(d) Concept of primate city
6. Examine the Heart-land theory, and assess its merits and demerits.
7. Discuss Weber's theory of industrial location, and assess its relevance in the present-day context.
8. What is a region ? Discuss the methods of regionalization.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...