SAMPLE PAPER (064)
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 70
1. State incubation period for polio and measles. 1
2. List two factors which influence the language development of a three year old child. 1
3. Give two sources of direct income in your family. 1
4. State two most important precautions Elisha should take while storing woollens. 1
5. Name the adulterant used in turmeric powder and give its one injurious effect on 1
6. Doctor has advised Hamida to use boiled drinking water for her one year old child.
Educate her about the procedure. 2
7. Name two important minerals required in a pregnant woman's diet and give one
reason for each
of their inclusion. 2
8. You have been asked to check the quality of fasteners in a ready made dress. 2
Mention four points you will keep in mind.
9. A gent's shirt has marks like S/M/L and 16 on its label. Interpret these four symbols. 2
10. You want to wash your rayon duppatta. Name the method you would use and why? 2
11. Justify with four arguments that knowledge of Home Science can help Seema to 2
set up a good creche.
12. Pick an advertisement of a detergent and analyse four important information 2
it gives you.
13. Give four advantages for buying a L.I.C. scheme. 2
14. Two years old Sonu's mother leaves him in the care of her elder child. What could 2
be the two advantages and two disadvantages of this.
15. Mention four advantages of breast feeding a child. 2
16. When an why DPT vaccine is administered to a child below one year? 2
17. If meat has been declared adulterated by PFA , what could be the four reasons? 2
18. Mahesh does not believe in maintaining his monthly house hold account. What 2
could be four drawbacks for not doing so?
19. Give two reasons for supplementing your family income and suggest four ways 3
of doing so.
20 Present six mile stones of motor development from 9 months to 2 years old child. 3
21. Give three objectives of ICDS which concern children. Also state one way each 3
through which these are achieved.
22. What are the three important needs of a partially blind classmate. Give three 3
suggestions to help him.
23. You have been cheated by a trader who sold you a faulty iron. State the 3
procedure of addressing your complaint in a redressal forum.
24. Elaborate three main factors which would influence the meal planning for a 3
family of a labourer consisting of school going children and elderly parents.
25. Prepare a checklist on hygiene of a female cook employed in the house. 3
26. State six points you will keep in mind while purchasing a dress for an infant. 3
27. Illustrate three ways of creating rythm in a saree. 3
28. Give four points of consideration while planning meal for a person recovering 4
from diarrhoea. Present a sample menu.
29. Differentiate between the procedures used for removing stains from silk and 4
30. Compare the advantages of investing your saving in PPF (public provident fund) 4
and fixed deposit in a bank.
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 70
1. Polio 7-12 dyas / 21 days ½ x 2 = 1
Measles 10-12 days
2. (i) Stimulation and (ii) repetition ½ x 2 = 1
3. (i) Judicious use of family assets
(ii) Skills of family members
(iii) Use of community facilities (any two) ½ x 2 = 1
4. (i) No dirt
(ii) No dampness ½ x 2 = 1
5. (i) Metanil yellow
(ii) Mental retardation / Anoemia / Skin, eye lungs and bone
abnormalities (any one) ½ x 2 = 1
6. (i) Water is strained and
(ii) boiled for 10 minutes. Then it is cooled and stored in clean covered
container (any four) ½ x 4 = 2
7. Iron and calcium. Iron is needed for formation of blood for woman and
foetus. Calcium is needed for development of bones of the foetus. ½ x 4 = 2
8. Allignment workmanship, colour matching, neatness, proper elevations
in button and sturdiness or any other. (any four) ½ x 4 = 2
9. Label on gents shirt - markings
S - small, M - medium
L - large, 16 - Size of the collar in inches ½ x 4 = 2
10. Kneading and squeezing - Reason
(i) It does not damage the delicate fabrics
(ii) helps the loosely woven fabrics to release dirt (any one) 1 x 2 = 2
11. Knowledge of child development helps in understanding and entertaining
child, gives knowledge of nutrition in meal adequacy, knowledge of resource
management in keeping accounts, helps in making posters, charts, media
coverage, etc. (any four) 1 x 2 = 2
12. About price, company which produces the item, advantages of the product
and uses of the product or any other. (any four) ½ x 4 = 2
13. Covers risk to life, can take loan, provides tax benefit, earn bonus. ½ x 4 = 2
(i) Protection from harsh weather conditions
(ii) no financial implication
(iii) familiar surroundings
(iv) any other (any two)
(i) May neglect the child
(ii) cannot handle emergencies
(iii) elder siblings forgoes education
(iv) not adequately qualified
(v) own childhood is lost
(vi) any other (any two) ½ x 4 = 2
15. Advantages of Breast feeding
(i) Contains colostrum which gives anti bodies
(ii) available at right temperature
(iv) builds rapport between mother and child.
(v) any other (any four) ½ x 4 = 2
Given for preventing Diptheria / pertussis / and tetanus ½ x 4 = 2
17. (i) Meet obtained from diseased animal
(ii) Cut in insanitary conditions
(iii) It is insect infected
(iv) It does not have Agmark/does not satisfy the prescribed standards
laid down by authorities ½ x 4 = 2
18 (i) One can not keep track of money spent
(ii) Can not be referred to any record in future;
(iii) Tends to over spend;
(iv) Faces difficulty in balancing income & expenditure;
(v) Can not compare prices;
(vi) Has no idea of money in hand (any four) ½ x 4 = 2
19. Reasons for supplementing family income:
(i) increase in needs
(ii) rise in prices
(iii) meet long term goals
(iv) any other (any two) ½ x 4 = 2
(i) Help in house work
(ii) use own talent to produce specific items
(iii) teach children
(iv) stitch cloths
(v) transcribe recorded information
(vi) take up part time job, any other (any two) ½ x 4 = 2
20. Stand with support, crawl, grasp things can hold two objects together. Walk
without support, run, jump, climb steps, come down on steps, play with a ball
without dropping. any other (any six) ½ x 6 = 3
(i) Improved health & nutritional status of children between 1-6 yrs of age
(ii) Work for physical & psychological growth in children
(iv) Reduce mortality & morbidity. (any three) ½ x 3 = 1½
Ways of achieving
(i) - Mid-day meals / supplementary nutrition
(ii) - Growth is monitored (any one)
- facility for interaction through creche & school
(iii) Through balwadies / anganwarees / school
(iv) Immunisation & welfare (any three) ½ x 3 = 1½
(i) He/she is unable to see details in less light
(ii) can not see black board from distance.
(iii) Finds it difficult to read small print.
(iv) Has low self concept because of the problem
(v) (any other) (any three) ½ x 3 = 1½
(i) Help him sit in front row.
(ii) Read out to him whenever necessary
(iii) Involve in co-curricular activities
(iv) Reassure him off and on and try to boost his/her ego.
(v) Do not sympathise but treat as normal
(vi) Any other. (any three) ½ x 3 = 1½ (1½ +1½ =3)
23. (i) Collect all the papers which certify the complaint
(ii) tell the opposite party about your complaint before filing the complaint by a
(iii) fill in the form & submit along with all the papers and testimony to the appropriate
(iv) deposite required fee
(v) Give an affidavit stating that contents are true.
(vi) Specify the compensation asked for.
24. Three factories which influence planning are
– Income / means
– Age of members
– Activity / occupation. ½ x 3 = 1½
• A labourer will look for seasonal and low cost foods.
• Elderly members need soft diet, with less oil and spices, children need energy
packed crisp food.
• Nutritional needs of members of three age groups - self, children and elderly, will
have to be catered. ½ x 3 = 1½ (1½ +1½ =3)
25. (i) Has bath daily.
(ii) Cuts nails
(iii) Covers hair
(iv) Unpainted nails
(v) Wears clean clothes
(vi) Washes hand thoroughly before cooking
(vii) Any other (any six) ½ x 6 = 3
26. (i) Easy to wash
(ii) Dries fast
(iv) Soft material
(v) Soft colours
(vi) Appropriate size - neither too big nor too loose
(vii) Any other (Any six) ½ x 6 = 3
27. (a) Repetition - Repeat same colour of saree in blouse or put lace / piping in neckline
/ sleeves of blouse. (with dig)
(b) Gradation - embroider flower of 3 different sizes on the saree
(c) Radiation - put pleats in saree or puff sleeves in blouse.
(d) Any other (½ marks for diagram ½ mark for explanation) 1 x 3 = 3
28. (1) Avoid Spicy food / give bland food.
(2) Avoid fried food.
(3) Avoid fibrous food.
(4) Avoid laxatives
(5) Provide plenty of fluids.
(6) Any other (Any four) ½ x 4 = 2
- Khichri / curd-rice
- curds / custard
- Lassi / soup / nimboo pani
- any other bland food dish with low fat, spices and roughage. 2 (2 + 2 = 4)
29. (i) Both to be removed when fresh.
(ii) Test chemical in hidden corner.
(iii) Apply several mild applications of chemicals.
(iv) For bleaching use diluted Hydrogen Peroxide for silk and use javelle water for
(v) Work stains from outside and inside.
(vi) Rinse chemical completely.
(vii) Dilute chemical for silk.
(viii) All acid reagents should be neutralised with alkaline and all alkaline reageats
should be neutralised with acidic rinse. (½ x 8 = 4)
(i) Is for15 years
(ii) Can take loan after 3 yrs.
(iii) Can withdraw 50% of 4th yrs money in the begining of 7th year and once every
(iv) Get Tax Rebate.
(i) Can vary from 15 days onwards
(ii) Can take any time
(iii) No liquidity
(iv) Get tax rebate only if invest / take for 5 years. ½ x 8 = 4
SAMPLE PAPER (064)