Women Scientists Scholarship Scheme in 2011
"Women Scientists Scholarship Scheme (WOS-C)" is given by the Department of Science & Technology (DST). The main aim of this is to give scientific talent to Indian women having scientific knowledge and encourage women. The scheme is coordinated and implemented by Patent Facilitating Centre of IT, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC).The selection of the student is done by an written test followed by an interview. Selected candidates will be given stipend for one year. Training will include one month of an intensive orientation programme on IPR followed by specialized workshops and hands-on-training in agencies engaged in practicing of IPR.
The scholarship will be given for a period of one year. The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12,500 per month for candidates having MSc/BTech/MBBS/BPharma and Rs.17,500 per month for PhD/ MTech/ MPharma/ MVSc/ MS/MD.
1. A candidate should be from India.
2. Candidate should have Master of Science / Doctorate in Science in physical sciences, chemical sciences, life sciences or allied areas; or Bachelors or Masters degree holder in engineering, medicine, pharmaceutical science, veterinary science.
3.Candidate should handled the computerized databases, surfing on net.
4. A candidate should not be more than 50 years.
Experience in research, preparation of project reports, term papers and similar activities.
Training would be provided by partner agencies of the scheme such as Knowledge Processing Organizations (KPOs), companies and government agencies. The period of hands-on-training would be about 10 months.
The written test will be conducted in four cities Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Pune. Similarly, interview of successful candidates in the written test will be held at these centers.
1. 8 days of leave will be permitted during the training.
2. Candidates should be prepared for training in any Coordination Centers.
3. Candidates should report to the Coordination Center within one week programme.
4. Candidates deciding not to join the training programme after the orientation programme, will not be given internship for the orientation programme.
Centre for Cooperation in Science & Technology among
Developing Societies (CCSTDS)
2, Gandhi Mandapam Road
Chennai - 600025
Patent Facilitating Centre (PFC)
Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC)
Vishwakarma Bhavan, A-Wing, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi - 110016
Dean, Continuing Education Programme
"Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme-TIFAC-PFC-DST"
Continuing Education Programme
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
West Bengal - 721302
Unit for Research & Development of Information Products (URDIP)
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Paud Road, Kothrud