Doctor's Negligence Costs Boy His Leg
Yogesh Pal would have never thought two days ago that just a small minor accident will cost him his leg. It was just a small minor accident, which took Yogesh directly to a hospital which was about to change his fate. A student of Agarwal College in Kalyan, 17 years old Yogesh was as usual on his way to college when he met an accident. Immediately he was admitted to Godbole Shree Hospital nearby where his leg was plastered. The plastering was done under the supervision of Dr. Vivek Malvi and Yogesh was sent back home.
Though plastering is not a painful process, Yogesh complained of unbearable pain within two days, which didn't seem normal. His parent's took him back to the hospital where Dr. Prafful Wadadkar, after thorough checking suggested the family to take Yogesh in some other hospital in Mumbai. Accordingly Yogesh was taken to KEM Hospital in Parel, where the doctors gave a shock of life to his parents. Yogesh had developed gangrene in his leg, due to a tight plaster that was put on him by the Godbole Shree Hospital.
The condition was so severe, that the only alternative left with the doctors was to amputate his leg.
The whole family was in a state of shock, but since that was the only option left to save Yogesh's life, the family went on with this decision. Thus Yogesh's leg was finally amputated on Tuesday, i.e. 2nd November, 2010. The family has decided to file a case on the Godbole Shree Hospital, as soon as Yogesh recovers. However the hospital is denying any negligence on their part. According to them, Yogesh should have informed earlier about the pain he went through. Whoever be the culprit, 17-year old Yogesh has definitely paid a huge price for a mistake which he may have not done at all.
On the eve of Diwali, when the whole city is on the verge of having a blast, this Pal family will still try to overcome the state of shock that they are into, due to a severe Medical Negligence on the Godbole Shree Hospital's Part.