Top 10 Tourist Destinations India
10. Golden Temple, Amritsar: It is a famous shrine located in Punjab. Sikhs across the world look forward visiting the shrine altleast once in a lifetime. The architecture of the Golden temple was conceived by the fifth Guru of Sikhs, Guru Arjan Sahib. The ideal time to visit the shrine would be from September to April.
9. Tirupati temple: The city of Tirupati located in Andhra Pradesh is home to the richest temple in the world. Tirupati is the abode of the Hindu god, Lord Venkateshwara and is a pilgrimage centre to millions of Hindus. The ancient temple is vast occupying a land area of 2 acres.
8. Khajuraho Temple: It is a Temple monument that showcases the rich cultural heritage of India. It is situated in Madhya Pradesh. The fascinating temples offer a sneak peek in to civilizations of the past. Khajuraho architecture expresses the beauty of love and its divinity. The temple region is famous for its handicrafts as well.
7. Maharashtra: Mumbai, the financial capital of the country is the most popular destination. The city is home to iconic business houses and revels in its cosmopolitan lifestyle. It is a shopping paradise with its high end malls, small bazaars and ethnic flee markets. Bollywood studios and its charismatic actors add star power to the state's tourism potential.
6. Ellora Caves: It is located close to the city of Aurungabad. The 39 Ellora caves were discovered by an English Explorer in the year 1819. The interiors are elaborately carved showcasing the three religions Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. The exquisite structures were curved during the period from about 350 AD to 700 AD.
5. Ajanta Caves: They are a group of caves that lie deep in the sahyadri hills and narrate the story of Buddhism. There are about 29 caves that were built for monks during the Buddhist cultural movement. They are reckoned for their architectural splendor. It is a world heritage site that depicts the several incarnations of Buddha.
4. Rajasthan: Royal forts, lake palaces and sand dunes characterize Rajasthan and its rich culture. The desert safari tour infuses a sense of calm and awe in the traveler by showcasing the beauty of the barren terrain. Ancient arts and regal architecture are some of the other highlights of Rajasthan.
3. Kerala: The "God's Own country" offers astounding travel pleasure with its backwaters and enchanting forests. The beaches of Kovalam and Varkala are picturesque and serene. Kumarakom and Kuttanad are famous for their thriving backwaters. Thekkady and Silent Valley offer a glimpse in to the rich flora and fauna of the coastal state.
2. Goa: The coastal paradise offers an opportunity to explore majestic beaches, historical churches and the amazing multicultural cuisine. The nightlife is exciting with parties that never end on the shimmering sands. Water sports like water skiing, motor boating and snorkeling are a rage. Scuba diving, deep sea fishing and sailing are popular with tourists exploring the coastline.
1. Agra: The TajMahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World is the major tourist spot. The marble memorial has an architectural elegance and faultless beauty that is rarely found. Historical monuments like Agra fort, Chini Ka Rauza, Sikandra Fort and Itmad - Ud- Daula are the other must visit sites.
Thank you for reading the "Top 10 Tourist Destinations India". Please help others by writing the review / comments for places you have visted in india. This will help us to maintain this Top 10 Tourist Destinations India articles also.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...