Use Good And Attractive Template
- Keep your blog neat, professional, Use very clean and fresh template for your blog.
- Design a very unique template for your blog.You can hire a designer to design template for your blog or at least use free templates available on internet.
- If you are not familiar then Don't try to customize whole template.
- Don't use very odd color shame on your blog, keep it simple and readable for users.
Make A Community Socialize - Allow visitors to share your content
- Make it easy for visitors to share your content on there social networks.and very important always make this visible to users don't hide them at the top or bottom of the page.
- link your twitter account to blog,You may create another twitter account for this purpose only. Share Updates,News about blog on twitter.
- Create a fan page about your blog and show your daily updates on Fan-page.Add a like-box to your blog so visitors can directly connect your fan-page.
Optimization - Optimize your blog for better performance
A. SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- Optimize your blog for better performance on search engines.
- Use very attractive headlines and use at-least 3-4 keyword in the title.
- Keep URL short because long urls may be ignored by search engines.
- Always keep in mind nearly every popular blog gets 80 percent traffic from Google search engine
B. Optimize your blog
- Keep your blog size smaller,Don't show more than 2-3 posts on home-page else the blog performance may slow down, Don't use widgets like flag counter, pay-pal banners, Avoid excessive use of ads.
- Reduce outbound links, Try to link your existing post E.g. If you already discussed a subject in another post then link to that post
- Provide RSS feeds / Email subscription link to users and it should be visible to users.don't hide them.
- Update your most popular pages E.g. If your one page getting more traffic and you are posted another interesting posts then link to that post.
Optimize your images
- Most of people gets traffic from Google images so don't upload images with odd names like - a213.jpg, make it simple use keywords for images.
- Don'f forget to use an alt tag in images ( ALT=" " ) because crawlers can read only the alt tags.
Comments - Manage your comments
A. Registration/Login required for comments.
- Never set this criteria for posting comments because once they see they need to register before commenting they wont bother comment on your post
B. Highlight your own comment :
- Since some popular pages have hundreds of comments and most of readers go through all your comments thats why you have to highlight your own comments