SET Examination Notification 2010 - 2011
SET is Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship Accredited by U.G.C. & Conducted by University Of Pune As a Maharashtra state agency.
Important Dates for SET - 2010
1. Date of examination : Sunday, 12TH DECEMBER, 2010
2. Online Form Submission Starts : 6th SEPTEMBER, 2010 (From 11.00 a.m.)
3. Last Date of Online submission: 27th SEPTEMBER, 2010 ( to 6.00 p.m.)
4. Last Date of Hard Copy Submission : 1st October 2010 (6.00 p.m.)
SET 2010 Eligibility Criteria
1. The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.
2. The candidates other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
3. Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.
4. Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) These candidates must submit their P.G. Mark sheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.
5. Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.
6. M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination.
7. Candidates who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grace marks as explained above) are also eligible to appear for SET examination.
8. Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
9. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for.
10. There is no upper age limit.
11. The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.
12. The SET agency will not issue any marksheet to qualified/not-qualified candidate. Also no revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificate to qualifying candidates only.
Deputy Registrar (SET),
University of Pune,
Pune - 411007
Phone Nos : 020 25692527, 25601289
FAX :020 25699250
Email : email@example.com
Important dates of SET - 2012 for Maharashtra.