How to Write Cover letters for Resumes
Cover letter is an important letter that describes your desire for a position and also it indicates the recepient about your resume. Generally cover letter is written for a specific position addressing an employer you are applying for. Writing an effective cover letter is most important in job hunting. Cover letter should be written in an organised way to support your resume.
Some tips in writing cover letter: From my personal experience I am writing few important tips that you should follow :
- Ensure that you do not commit any grammar or spelling mistakes. Try to get help from someone who is good in language. You can also use tools such as spell checker and grammar checker.
- Try to keep the letter short. Include only those information that are necessary and to the point.
- Never use words such as "Dear Sir/Madame", use the name of the person or designation of the person who is in charge of the department where you are applying. Normally in job advertisements it is clearly stated to whom the cover letters should be addressed.
- Never forget to mention in brief about your skills. Before applying for a job analyze the job and determine what the employer is looking for.
- Use opening sentence such as "I have the honour to offer myself as a candidate for the position ......." or something appealing.
- At last finish your cover letter with word "Sincerely" do not use "yours faithfully" and also do not forget to provide your contact numbers and address.
If you have better tips than mine then you are welcome to share and hope the above mentioned tips will be helpful in constructing an effective cover letter.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...