General Introduction to Panchakarma
Demand of Panchkarma therapy in medicinal healthcare world going to increases day by day due to is awesome results as a supplementary treatment for life threatening diseases like cancer, paralysis, diabetes, heart problems etc. In India and outside there are big clinics which are specialized in Panchkarma and other Ayurvedic treatment.
In Ayurveda treatment consists of four basic forms, namely - medicine or drug therapy, pancha (five) karma (actions/ systems), dietary regime and regulation of lifestyle. And works in two fundamental ways - cure and prevention.
Snehana (Abhyangam) is the oil massage
Swedana is sudation or sweating and is given every day immediately following the Snehana
Vamana: Emesis Therapy
(viracana) therapeutic purgation to clear excess pitta
(Basti) medicated enema to eject excess vata
Other miscellaneous therapies of Panchakarma
1. Shirodhara: It is recommended in anxiety, depression, hypertension, insomnia etc.
2. Kati Basti: Useful in different backaches.
3. Janu Basti: Useful in arthritis of the knee joint.
4. Nadi Sweda: Useful in pain disorders of different sites.
5. Pinda Sweda: Useful in neurological ailments and in the management of different pains.
6. Shashti-Shali Pindasweda: Useful in neurological ailments.
7. Tarpanam: Useful in the ailments of the eyes.
8. Shirobasti: Useful in hair loss and the falling hair and other diseases of skull.