Resources » Education in Maharashtra » Syllabus
Nashik KTHM College BA/MA in English Courses Syllabus and Programs
In this resource we have given information about Nashik KTHM College BA/MA in English Courses and Syllabus Programs.
Nashik KTHM College BA/MA in English Courses and Programs
Courses and Programs:
•Bachelor of Arts in English. Three Years full-time
•Master of Arts in English. Two Years full-time
•Functional English – Vocational Course for BA English students
•Certificate Course in Video Production
A] Bachelor of Arts in English
This is a full time three year degree course of the University of Pune.
Every year three papers are offered as part of this course, which are
First Year General English Paper I
Second Year General English Paper II
Special English I
Special English II
Third Year General English Paper III
Special English III
Special English IV
The syllabus and course details can be downloaded from the University website.
B] Master of Arts in English
This is a full time two year post-graduate course of the University of Pune.
The course is divided into 4 semesters.
Students have a choice of specialization in Semester 3 and 4
C] Functional English
This is a vocational course offered to BA students.
Students have to appear for an entrance exam conducted at the beginning of every academic year
Students take this course in lieu of two general papers of the BA course
The course details are:
First Year Functional English I
Functional English II Spoken English
Remedial Grammar and Writing Skills
Second Year Functional English III
Functional English IV Writing Skills and Introduction to Broadcast Media
Third Year Functional English V
Functional English VI Advanced writing skills
D] Certificate Course in Video Production
This is an add-on Parallel Degree Course. At the first year, students appear for the Certificate Exam, in the Second Year they appear for the Diploma exam and in the Third Year for Advanced Diploma Exam. The Advanced Diploma is equivalent to a Degree.
The certification is given by the University of Pune.
There are no eligibility norms for this course and anyone who has passed HSC can take admission for this course The details of the course are there on the Video Production Page.
The department has 8 full-time teachers and 1 part-time teacher. All the staff is actively engaged in research ad extension activities, which is evident from their individual profiles.
1 Total number of Faculty members 14
2 Ph.D Qualified 04
3 M.Phil. qualified 01
4 SET/NET Qualified 03
a) Departmental Library
The college has made a provision for the departmental library. This library also functions as a reading room for the students after the teaching hours. All the major reference books are made available to the students after teaching hours. We also provide a book list for supplementary reading.
Sr.No Types of Books Number of Books
1 Books on Research- 41
2 Reference Books on Language and Literature - 111
List of Journals and Magazines Subscribed.
6.Journal of Indian writing in English
The Department of English has established a tie-up with the British Council Library, Pune. The Department has access to more than twenty Research Journals through it. KTHM has opted for INFLIBNET/DELNET/ICU facilities through which the department of English can have easy access to more than fifty Research Journals.
b) Laboratory and other Resources:
Laboratory: Department has two laboratories equipped with modern gadgets.
Language Lab: The Language Lab was established in 1989.
Computers in a Network
10 Lingua Phone Booths with teacher's console.
Internet V and other audio visual gadgets for interactive learning
The lab has been used by the UG students who listen to the cassettes and carry out different activities based on language acquisition and to get maximum exposure to the niceties of English language.
Soft Skill Laboratory: Used for training students in relation to developing communication skills and personality development of students
Film Club: A unique facility to show documentary films and conducting discussions on different aspects such as basic purpose of the film, social issues dealt with, community orientation carried out, and techniques used for effective communication. All UG and PG students are members of this club.
Other resources and instruments available in the Department:
Staff Room (10x12 Sq. Ft.) One
Seminar Hall (20x15 Sq. Ft.) One
Language Laboratory One
Educational CD's and Cassettes 224
OHP with Screen One
Canon LCD Projector One
Departmental Library One
Sony Mini DV Handy cam One
AHUJA Sound Amplifier One
AHUJA Sound Recorder One
AHUJA 8 Band Equiliser One
Television Set One
Computers – PIV with MMC Two
Internet Facility 24 hours
5. Seminar/Conferences/Refresher Courses
•H S Ingle and K H Rakibe have successfully completed Orientation Course in English.
•S J Nikam has completed Refresher Course in English
•Before NAAC the faculty had only 02 Ph D holder( Dr B S Valke and Dr Swati Singh). After NAAC there was addition of 03 more Ph D holders(Dr A D Bandal, Dr A P Patil and Dr H S Ingale).
Placement Record of the past students
Sr. No# Name of the student Placement
1 Manohar Savedkar Asst Commissioner, Sales Tax, Mumbai.
2 Piush Panbude Reporter IBN News Channel
3 Atul Patil Chief Co-ordinator ELTIS Symbiosis Pune
4 Mahesh Shelar Tahsildar,Navapur
5 Sahebrao Sonawane Nayab Tahasildar,Amrawati
1.The department is a Recognised Research Centre of YCMOU, Nashik.
2.It offers the M Phil (Vacational) Programme of the YCMOU
3.Currently there are 20 students enrolled for this programme
4.Admissions are on at the beginning of academic year
The area of research in which the faculty is engaged at present.
•'Teaching through visual English and English through Video'
•'Suicidology' and teaching English language through structures
•'Innovative Ways of Teaching English in India'.
Center provides the following options in the area of research:
•American literature: American dramas, fiction, poetry, short-stories, etc.
•British literature: British drama, fiction, poetry, etc.
•Indian literature in English: major and minor forms.
•Translation studies: literatures translated into English (from various languages)
•Cultural studies and multi-culturalism
•Film-studies : (Cinematic Adaptation)
Details of Ongoing projects
Name of the Teacher Title of the Research Project
Funds Granted Funds Received Funding Authority Present Status
1. V R Kelkar Developing Instructional Materials for Undergraduate Courses 50,000 50,000 UGC Ongoing
2. H S Ingle Teaching Literature through Films: Developing a Course for Undergraduate Students 75,000 35,000 University of Pune Ongoing
Important and noteworthy publications of the faculty :
Name of the Faculty Title of the Research Paper Details of Publication
1. Dr A P Patil Self-Invited Death in Arthur Miller's Broken Glass Asian Quarterly V14, No. 4 Feb 2007 45-53
2. V R Kelkar Interview with the renowned Painter Mr Ravi Paranjape Asian Quarterly V12, 3-4, Feb 2005, 5-10
3. Dr.C.M. Deshmane Psychoanalysis with reference to Literature Asian Quartely 43-56 Feb 2004
4. Dr.Chetan Deshmane Wordsworth's A Slumber.. Explicator 64.4: 214-18 Summer 2006
5. Dr.Chetan Deshmane Neurosis of Winter: The source of Wallaace Steven's Poetic Interdisciplinary Journal of Literary Studies April 2007
6. Dr.C.M. Deshmane The Place of Place in stevens 7th Annual Lousiana conference on language and literature 21-23 feb 2008
Name of the Faculty Title of the Research Paper Details of Publication
1. Dr A P Patil Legal Forces and Martyrdom in Arthur Miller's Plays Academic Research, VI 2, No. 1 October 2007, 42-50
2. Dr A P Patil Socio-Economic Forces and Martyrdom Trajectory, VI 14, No.2 December 2006 1-9
3. Dr A P Patil Suicidal Behaviour in Arthur Miller's Plays Academic Research, VI 2, No. 1 October 2007, 42-50
4. Dr A D Bandal The Mechanics and Aesthetics of Film Adaptation of Novels: A Complex Phenomenon Academic Research, VI2 No.1, October 2007, 42-50
5. Dr A P Patil Judicial Activism in India: A Study of Article 21 of the Constitution of India MVP Samaj's Journal of Social Sciences VI 1, No. 1 January 2007 84-103
6. H S Ingle Globalised Culture: A Perspective through Mira Nair's Lens Multiculturalism: Perspectives through Diverse Disciplines, Vol TBA, Inter-Desciplinary.Net, Oxford, UK, February 2008
University Distinctions : 11 (Last 5 Years)
Read related articles: BA/MA in English Courses Nashik KTHM College
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Talk to Webmaster Tony John