Mahabaleshwar Tourist Spots and Tourism Interest Places
Mahabaleshwar also known as Queen of Hill Stations of Maharashtra is located in the western ghats. Mahabaleshwar is most popular with both Indian and Foreign tourists who visit this place very often. The natural beauty of Mahabaleshwar attracts all kinds of people like nature lovers, film directors, holidaymakers, peace seekers and adventurers alike.
Tourism Attractions of Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar is gaining more popularity for its great sceneries and cool climate and quite away from City life. We can see the lush green forests, splendid lakes, great valleys and hills, water falls which can be enjoyed by the tourists in India and abroad.
One of the most important attractions at Mahabaleshwar is the Pratapgad fort and Lingamala Water falls. The famous "Points" in Mahabaleshwar offer a tourist breathtaking views of valleys that are full of green forests. The springs and water falls are another major lovely picnic spots at Mahabaleshwar. The list below shows the important places of tourism interest near and around Mahabaleshwar which are worth visiting by every one.
Places to visit at Mahabaleshwar
The Lingamala Water falls are at the top of Venna valley. This is a great attraction for all tourists as the water falls from a height of 600 feet. The colorful view of the water falling from such a great height and fades off appears to be like a rain bow. The best time to visit Lingamala Water falls is during the Monsoon season.
Panchgani is also known for its pure oxygen-rich air having curative powers for those suffering from breathing problems. Tourist visit this charming hill station through out the year. The five hills surrounding Panchgani are topped by a volcanic plateau. This plateau is the second highest in Asia after the Tibetan plateau. These plateaus, are called as Table land.
There are other points of interest at Mahabaleshwar. Let us see what are these view points.
* Wilson Point: Wilson point is also called as Sunrise point. There are three round platforms here. Tourists who visit this place can see the Sun rise and Sun set from here. It is advisable to see the sunrise from platform No.2
* Elphiston point: This is the first point of Mahabaleshwar from where we can see the two valleys, Koyna on the left & Savitri on the right.
* Arthur's Seat: This point is the queen of all the points at Mahabaleshwar. It is very fascinating to see the deep valley of Savithri on the left and the shallow green valley on the right. If you go by the steps, you can see the place called as Tiger's spring which is the source of river Savithri.
* Baghdad Point: This is a very beautiful point. It goes past village Moleshware on the way. We can see the superb scenic view of the back waters of Koyna dam on our left, river Solshi in front of us.
* Falkland Point: This is also an important point is called as lovers point by some nature lover, presents beautiful Koyana & valley below you.
* Bombay Point: This point is a very popular point. Tourists can visit the Sun set from here. This point shows the Sahyadri range Koyana valley & Pratapgad fort.
* Helen's Point: This is the starting point for river Solshi with a small fall near the origin. Poetic blue valley can be seen in front of you.
* Polo Ground: Polo ground is often used as Heli pad, can also be used for learning car driving.
There are many more view points at Mahabaleshwar which are worth visiting by a tourist.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...