Shirdi Places to Visit and Tourist Attraction in Shirdi
Shirdi is a small town in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra state. Shirdi is one of the most religious places in Maharashtra, India. Shirdi is well known for the saint Sai Baba who had spiritual powers. Shirdi has become prominent after the death of Sai Baba in the year 1918.
Tourism attractions of Shirdi
One of the most attractions at Shirdi is the Sai baba Mandir. We can see the Samadhi of the great saint Sai baba. In addition to this, there are a number of places of tourism interest in and around Shirdi town to visit during a tour to this sacred place. The list below shows complete information about the various tourist places of attraction situated in Shirdi town.
Places to Visit at Shirdi
* Shri Sai Baba Temple: This temple was established in the year 1922. This temple was established to carry out the services of Sai baba. Sai baba temple comprises the idol of Shree Sai baba along with his samadhi. There is Sai Baba Sansthan which provides various facilities to the devotees of Sai baba. We can see a building which contains 560 self-contained rooms and two spacious halls which can accommodate 3500 devotees. Sai baba sansthan runs a hospital called "Shri Sainath Hospital" to provide services to patients. Sai Baba temple comprises beautiful idol of Sai baba and his samadhi. We can see two silver pillars, with good designs in front of Sai baba Samadhi. Behind it we can see a life-size idol of Sai baba which is made of italian marble. We can see that Sai baba is seated on a throne in the idol. We can also see a silver umbrella which provides shade to the idol. We can also see an assembly hall in front of Sai baba temple which has a capacity of 600 devotees.
* Dwarkamayee Masjid: We can see the Dwarakamayee Masjid which is to the right of Samadhi Mandir. Sai baba used to spend most of his time at this place. Baba use to lit up lamps at Dwarakamayee Masjid every evening. Sai baba used to spend his time at this place by sitting on a huge stone which is still preserved even now. We can see a life size portrait of Sai baba at this Masjid. We can even see the sacred Dhuni(fire) which was lighted by Sai baba till date. The udhi(ash) from this fire is considered to be sacred and is used by devotees.
* Abdul Baba Cottage: Adul baba is one of the important followers of Sai baba. This cottage is located just opposite to Chavadi and is a small green coloured. We can see the exhibits of Sai baba with Abdul in the main room. We can also see a photograph of Sai baba with Swami Chinmayanand. Some more rare articles are also seen here. We can visit this cottage between 7 Am to 10 PM.
* Chavadi: The Chavadi is a small two room house. Sai baba used to spend here every alternate night. We can also see the seat on which Sai baba used to sit. Also we can see a white chair and a wooden plank here which were bought by Sai baba. Chavadi is the place where Sai baba's body was bathed last tine during his funeral.
* Khandoba Mandir: Khandoba Mandir is situated near Sainath Hospital. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This is one of the oldest temples of Shirdi town. This temple is one of the earliest places in Shirdi where Sai baba set his foot.
* Lendi Baug: Lendi Baug is a garden. Sai baba used to go to this garden every morning and evening to water the plants. We can also see Datta Mandir (samadhi of Sai Baba's horse) and Baba's Shivdi, a well in this Lendi baug.