Exam Details - Maharashtra Health Science and Technical Common Entrance Exam Test (MHT-CET)
Maharashtra Health Science and Technical Common Entrance Test i.e. MHT-CET is the examination held by Maharashtra Health Science and Technical for the admission process of various medical degree courses.
In this section, students can create practice sets to prepare MHT-CET exam online. Get previous year question papers sets, model tests and frequently asked questions for MHT-CET entrance examination.
MHT-CET - Maharashtra Health Science and Technical Common Entrance Test
The entrance examination for the selection to all Health Science Courses, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses in the State of Maharashtra is conducted by the Competent Authority appointed by The Government of Maharashtra.
However, the selection process for every degree course in Health Sciences,
Engineering and Pharmacy is different. The seats in Health Science Courses are at all Government, Municipal Corporation and Government aided Health Science institutions. The respective Competent Authorities shall devise the system of Counseling and Selection.
For Programs in health sciences, the
Director of Medical Education and Research, Mumbai
formulates the guidelines and the merit list of MHT-CET is taken into consideration for admission to courses MBBS/ BDS/BSc. Nursing/BAMS/BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP and BP&O offered by all
Government Medical colleges in Maharashtra
MHT-CET Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian National
- The candidate must be born on or before 1st January 1992 to be eligible to appear for MHTCET-2008. However, for admission to B.Sc. (Nursing), candidate must be born on or before 31st December 1991.
- The candidate must be medically fit and must submit a certificate of medical fitness at the time of Preference form filling as per proforma.
- The candidate must have passed the SSC or equivalent examination from an Institution situated in the state of Maharashtra.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC/12th Standard) or equivalent examination, from an Institution situated in the State of Maharashtra with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) at the time of admission.
Eligibility Criteria of Qualifying Examination for Various Medical courses
A candidate belonging to Open Category must have obtained not less than 50% (i.e. 150 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination. A candidate belonging to backward class must have obtained not less than 40% (i.e. 120 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination.
For BDS/BSc. Nursing:
A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. A candidate belonging to backward class must have obtained not less than 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at HSC(or equivalent) Exam.
For BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP and BP&O courses:
Passing grade at HSC/12th Standard or equivalent examination is necessary.
For Admission to BP&O:
Students who have passed 12th standard examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and / or Mathematics are eligible.
For Admission to BASLP:
Students who have passed 12th standard examination with Physics, Biology, Chemistry and/or Mathematics and/or Computer Science are eligible.
The candidates who are appearing for qualifying examination i.e. HSC (or equivalent exam.) in February/March 2008 are eligible to appear for MHT-CET-2008, however they must fulfill the above eligibility condition at the time of filling up of the Preference Form.
Start Practice Test...
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India. All Rights Reserved.