You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Google AdSense Revenue Program

Marathi-the language of Maharashtra

In the present scenario, while literary contributions go on, Indian strides post-1990 in the global IT market, rapid techno-educational growth and widening economic opportunities have underscored the importance of English in the Indian context. In view of this, the Government of Maharashtra decreed that English be taught as a second language in schools where the medium of teaching was Marathi, right from the first standard (first grade). This decision has been controversial and has caused many Marathi people to worry about the fate of their language, a concern which is compounded by the Marathi middle class's increasing preference for English-medium schools.In addition to this, increasing use of Hindi in urban Maharashtra has saddened Marathi people and linguists alike.

At the same time, the spread of spoken Marathi has increased beyond its regular boundaries due to the increase of its elite, and well-educated global Maharashtrians love for the language.
    Yes I agree! I'm currently searching for schools for my daughter and it is hard to find a good Marathi school in area nearby my residence (and I reside in Pune, "महाराष्ट्राची सांस्कृतिक राजधानी" as they call it)

Thanks!

Hi Nitinkumar

Thanks.

I am glad to know from your side that in this modern age and dominance of English language you are in search of a marathi medium school for your daughter.
    I am impressed.

with regards
    Harsha

Hi Harsh,

But I don't know if i would be able to find one or not :-( If I couldn't then I would not have any option but to admit my daughter in an English school :-(

Thanks!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.