Discuss: Private Travel Companies always hike fare rates during the festive season or during holida

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Private Travel Companies always hike fare rates during the festive season or during holidays. What might be the reason?

I think that it is the only season where the Private travel companies can loot the innocent people traveling from one city to the other. I know that they don't get any passengers during off season. But I have seen that many a times these private travel companies are running full of passengers and during the festive season they are in demand and try to increase rate fares so that they can make out a handsome profit.

In this way a the people traveling through private travel companies have to pay even double amount of money than the actual cost of traveling from one place to another. Many a times It also happens that the student who are going to appear for examination or Job Interview have to pay more because of these private travel companies.

At last what we can discuss here is that no one can control the private travel companies increasing fare rates to travel from one city to another.