You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Group Discussion

About the writing skill in MHS

Hi,

Every one is aware –Practice makes man perfect. What ever it be if you want to achieve the perfection you should repeat the act with minimum /zero error. For writing skill one should read a lot which enhances your knowledge. Going through dictionary is one of the best exercises. Sharing your knowledge make you more wise and capable.

Here on MHS, Its fine tool this can help anyone to improve his writing skill. Making use of correct grammar and framing your sentences in proper form makes you good writer. For a good writer, length of the article is not important but the content and sense makes the difference. Always be precise and crispy in writing. Take care if you are not deviating from the main topic. And the real message should come out of your article. It should be clearly seen what you want to mention while publishing your article.

Finally I would say, open up your mind, heart and thoughts honestly-- the sense would come out of its own!

Regards,
    Varsha.
    Wow that's an inspirational topic and you have described everything about how to be a good writer.

I would like to mention my own experience here. I have seen many of my friends who were just not able to write essay or any story within a stipulated frame of time. So my opinion is that a good writer is capable of writing within a stipulated time frame. As you rightly said that a writer must read a lot so as to be a good writer in the Maharashtra Spider.

So I would suggest everyone to read a lot and do follow English news channels. Also if time permits listen to the English songs with the lyrics of those songs in front of them. Another way to improve your vocabulary is to read the editorials from the English News papers. At last I would suggest to watch cricket commentary if you are a cricket fan. I know that your time will be wasted watching cricket matches; but whenever you are watching them, then you have to listen to the commentators so as to get good vocabulary.

"Don't Worry about Results, Its time to Perform every now and then" - Pravin Chavre.

Hi,

Thanks for the comment on this thread. Actually this was a reply to some other member. But the discussion was closed for some reason, So I had to mention it as a separate / new thread.

Yeah, I take your suggestion. But luckily I am good enough and always take care of my vocabulary skill. It is must for interaction.

Thank god I am not a cricket freak. I enjoy match if it's either between India – Pak or India-Aus.Or other wise its mere time & energy loss. Many a times temperament loss…

As far as western music is concern I don't prefer much. but yes, some melodies are real worth. Elvis, Shakira I admire most-The brainy bones indeed.

Reading out news papers can help one lot -my father used to insist. Surfing on internet is the latest one can do it seriously. (apart from chatting). Coz Net chat really helpless the way this language is used these days. No need to mention as you must be knowing about the same.

Regards,
    Varsha.

Yes varsha it is good to know that you at least watch cricket matches. It is also true that many a times there is a loss of temperament. Very very true.

About the music I would like to suggest to listen to Taylor Swift's album 'Speaknow' and Arvil Langavine's album Goodbye Lullaby (Deluxe).

Hence, keep on improving your vocabulary.

"Don't Worry about Results, Its time to Perform every now and then" - Pravin Chavre.

Hello varsha and pravin,

Good to see that aft a long time MHS is having a very meaningful and constructive discussion on personnel skills and vocabulary.

Varsha has pointed out very correctly, one needs to open up his mind and speak out his thinking. Then only the game of information sharing will be giving us a lot of learning and growth.

Keep it up guys.

Regards,
    Namita Terse

Life is God's precious Gift...!!! Use it to the FULLEST.

Thank you Namita Mam. We all should make Maharashtraspider channel's forum section very constructive and full of information.

Hi Pravin,

Thank you for the suggestion about the music.I shall try for a change.

Regards,
    Varsha.

Hello Namita,

Thank you for the response & encouragement.

Regards,
    Varsha.

Hello Varsha,

I bet that you will like the music.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.