You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Basic Physiology-- to know about Varicose Veins.

This is an effort to know what Varicose Veins is. Hope the information given below can be useful to the readers. Critical component to the circulatory process allow the pumping action of the leg muscles to force the blood to the heart Ensure upward flow to the heart prevent reflux or backward flow.

Venous flow in upward direction.

When we move / walk/ run the calf muscles contract & blood is forced against gravity from the deep veins towards the heart.

Venous blood deviates from a normal flow path and flow in a retrograde direction so that fluid accumulates,causing a "congested" leg.

In my next posting you can find the Risk Factors ,Signs & Symptoms,Treatment & prevention of the disease.

Thanks,
    Varsha.
    Dear Varsha,

Nice information about Varicose Veins. You can write scientific articles, study notes in resources section of Maharashtra Spider. Keep sharing valuable information with us. Wish you all the best.

With Best Regards,
    Vilas

Mr.Vilas,

Thank you for your reply.As I had mention in my previos reply about my user ID confusion,Kindly respond to my new ID as Varsha1510.

Regards,
    Varsha.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.