Why are indians easy to identifyWHY ARE INDIANS EASY TO IDENTIFY ?
1. Everything you eat is savoured in garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminium foil.
3. You are always standing next to two large-size suitcases at the
4. You arrive one or two hours late to a party - and think it's normal.
5. You peel the stamps off letters that the postal service missed to stamp.
6. You recycle wedding gifts, birthday gifts and anniversary gifts.
7. You name your children in rhythms (example: Sita & Gita, Ram & Shyam, Kamini
8. All your children have nicknames which sound nowhere close to their real names.
9. You take Indian snacks anywhere it says 'No Food Allowed.'
10. You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.
11. You load up the family car with as many people as possible.
12. HIGH PRIORITY ***** You use plastic to cover anything new in your house
whether it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or new couch. *****
13. Your parents tell you not to care what your friends think, but they won't
let you do certain things because of what the other "Uncles and Aunties" might
14. You buy and display crockery which is never used as it is for special
occasions, which never happen!
15. You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.
16.. You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
17. You keep leftover food in your fridge in as many number of bowls as
18. Your kitchen shelf is full of jars, varieties of bowls and plastic utensils
(the ones you get free)
19. You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel
(and travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes).
20. You own a rice cooker or a pressure cooker.
21. You fight over who pays the dinner bill.
22. You live with your parents and you are 40 years old. (And they prefer it
23. You don't use measuring cups when cooking.
24. You never learnt how to stand in a queue.
25. You can only travel if there are 5 people at least to see you off or
receive you whether you are travelling by bus, train or plane.
26. If she is NOT your daughter, you always take interest in knowing whose
daughter has eloped with whose son and then make sure that everyone knows about it.
27. You only make long distance calls after 11p.m.
28. If you are away from home,the one thing that your parents ask everytime they call
you is if you've had something to eat or not(even if it's midnight!)
29. You call an older person you've never met before 'Uncle' or 'Aunty'.
30. When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover
you're talking to a distant cousin.
31. Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign
countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of
their lungs when making foreign calls.
32. You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them
from getting dirty.
33. Its embarrassing if your wedding has less than 600 people.
34. All your Tupperware is stained with food colour.
35. You have drinking glasses made of steel.
36. You have mastered the art of bargaining in shopping