Anna is today's Mahatama GandhiAnna is today's Mahatma Gandhi
Some sweet information on Anna
A soldier, lone survivor in his unit in 1965 Indo-Pak war, Anna dedicated his life to the well-being of society. A bachelor, an ascetic, he has no possessions, no bank balance and lives in a temple. He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra. This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced in the village itself, from solar power, biofuel and windmills. In 1975, it used to be a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest village India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & harmonic village.
This guy, Anna Hazare was awarded Padma Bhushan and is a known for his social activities. He is supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India. He is advocating for a bill. The Jan Lokpal Bill (Citizen Ombudsman Bill) that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), beurocrates (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.
In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law Minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been neglected by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit their theft (corruption). The guy, on 5th April at Jantar mantar, New Delhi and hundreds of cities in India & abroad. In Maharashtra, Anna has single handedly transformed barren and dry regions into green and food surplus areas. He has fasted unto death on several earlier occasions. He forced the Maharashtra government to dismiss the corrupt-6 ministers and 400 officers. Due to his fast, the government of India tried to amend the Central RTI Act. In 2006, when government of India tried to amend the Central RTI Act, he again went on an indefinite fast and forced the Indian Government not to amend RTI Act. Leaders, organizations and the common man from across India will be with him. This do or die moment-let us make it happen!
Across India, join Swami Ramdev, Sri Sri Ravishankar, Swami Agnivesh, Arch Bishop Vincent Concesseo, Mahmood A Madani, Kiran Bedi, J M Lyngdoh, Shanti Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Muffi Shamoom Qasmi, Mallika Sarabai, Arun Bhatia, Sunita Godara, All India Bank Employees Federation, PAN IIT Alumni Associations, Common Cause and many other prominent organizations and leaders, as India comes out on the streets! 100+CITIES WILL BEHIND ANNA!
He is going on a hunger strike for that whole thing of passing the bill! The first thing he is asking for is: the government should come forward and announce that the bill is going to be passed. Next they make a joint committee to DRAFT the JAN LOKPAL BILL. 50% government participation and 50% public participation. Because you can trust the government entirely for making such a bill which does not suit them.
ANNA`S APPEAL TO THE PEOPLE:
When he sat on fast from 5th April, he urge my fellow countrymen to
• Join me in fasting for one, two, three or whatever number of days you can comfortably fast.
• Along with fast, please pray to God (whosever you believe in) for better and corruption free India. Collective prayers from all the people of India would definitely have a huge impact.
• Write an impassioned plea to our Prime Minister that we look upon him to pass "JAN LOKPAL BILL", else we will be compelled not to vote for his party in next elections.
• Remain calm and peaceful and develop the courage to go to jail, if required, in this next freedom movement.
UP WE HAVE READ ABOUT "JAN LOKPAL BILL" BUT WHAT`S IT?
Drafted by Justice Santosh Hegde, Prashant Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal, this bill has been refined on the basis of feedback received from public on websites and after series of public consultants. It has also been vetted by and is supported by and is supported by Shanti Bhushan, J M Lyngdoh, Kiran Bedi, Anna Hazare etc. It was sent to the PM and all CMs on 1st December. However, there is no response.
1. An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up.
2. Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or beurocrate will be able to influence their investigations.
3. Cases against corrupt people will not linger on for years anymore: Investigations in any case will have to be completed in next one year so that the corrupt Politicians, officers or judge is sent to jail within two years.
4. The loss that a corrupt person caused to the government will be recovered at the time of conviction.
5. How will it help a common citizen: If any work of citizen is not done in any government office, LOKPAL will impose financial penalty on guilty officers, which will be given as compensation to the complainant.
6. So, you could approach LOKPAL if your ration card or passport or voter card is not being done in prescribed time. LOKPAL will have to get it done in a month`s time. You could report any case of corruption to LOKPAL like ration being siphoned off, poor quality roads been constructed or panchayat funds being siphoned off. LOKPAL will have to complete its investigations in a year, trail will be over in next one year and the guilty will go to jail within two years.
7. But won`t the government appoint corrupt and weak people as LOKPAL members?
That won`t be possible because its members will be selected by judges, citizens and constitutional authorities and not by politicians, through a completely transparent and participating process.
8. What if some officers in LOKPAL become corrupt?
The entire functioning of LOKPAL/LOKAYUKTA will be completely transparent. Any complaint against of LOKPAL shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.
9. What will happen to existing anti-corruption agencies?
CVC, deparment vigilance and anti-corruption branch of CBI will be merged into LOKPAL.LOKPAL will have complete powers and machinery to independently and prosecute any officer, judge or politician.
THE MAIN HEADLINES IN NEWSPAPERS
ANNA HAZARE FASTS UNTO DEATH STARTING 5th APRIL.
Last time when Anna on fast-
"6 corrupt ministers in Maharashtra had to resign
"400 corrupt officers were dismissed from job
"2002-Maharashtra RTI Act was passed"
WHOELSE IS THERE IN THE FIGHT WITH ANNA HAZARE?
Sri sri Ravi Shankar, Baba Ramdev, Ex. IPS Kiran Bedi, Social Activist Swami Agnivesh, RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal, Aamir Khan and many more.
WHAT CAN WE DO AND HOW?
At least we can spread the message. Putting status message, links, video, changing profile pics. At least we can support ANNA HAZARE and the cause for uprooting corruption from India. Atleast we can hope that his hunger strike does not go in vain. At least we can pray for his good health.
Now, Anna completed our dream & in this age he fights for our rights. Now, our turn to make our Country, State free from the corrupted people.
Anna is today's real hero..
Hip Hip Hurray.................................................................