You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

Knowledge

Is television giving common people valuable knowledge? Knowlege in general, the serials must have time limitation and proper valuable message should be spread through it.
    Dear leena,

Nice question regarding television. Yes we need entertainment with social education and development. But now a days no one can think about it, I remember the DD's days. Those days every one know the program time and specific program available for every one. Now most of the television just going through the marketing and showing programs based on targeted people. Thats why in prime time most of serials play and those serial not meant for family. Family programs include every one, how can one child see those serial with his family and what he learned.

With Best Regards,
    Vilas

Dear Vilas with due respect,

Thanks for the response but its a fact and now today's generation must think and do what they and their future generation want to see on television. There are many great things happenings, inventions at ground level are being done in cities and villages which must be exposed. Various competitions are being taken all over, some glimpses may be shown on t.v. There are many things which are and can be done only thing is proper eyes, ears and hands with right brain must intimate it.

hi,
    i think national geography and other few chanels is knowledge bassed chanel in t.v.

Hello,

You are right Mangesh National Geography and Discovery are good channels. But when the word television comes it is seen its overall impact and that is not good for young generation. Its waste of time and brain.

Hello Leena,
    Yesterday I saw a news that Obama Is killed in Pakistan.I really shocked by seeing this news.This is big mistake of Indian Media .Most program on T.V like comedy circus are making adult jokes which are making bad impression on small children .Some programs like Chandra Gupta Mourya, Zansi ki Rani Laxmi Bai is very beneficial to kids.This serials are spread some message to people.We get knowledge from this serials and know the history of our freedom fighters.Discovery channels programs are good for every kind of people.

Delete Attachment

Hello Ashwin,

These types of mistakes make the reliability of the channel fall down.
    Even in marathi channels terrible marathi alongwith english and hindi language is spoken. Marathi channels should strictly have marathi language spoken. When we respect our language others too will respect it.

Hello leena,

It's really a very good question, I think Television is one of good source to get the knowledge because most of the time we remember what we saw by our own eyes than what we read.

But this also goes in wrong direction also but this is up to us that how we use TV for knowledge or for other things.

I love to see DISCOVERY, ANIMAL PLANET and some time NEWS channels.

Regards,
    Sagar Kakde.

"The road to SUCCESS
    is always under construction"

Hello Sagar,

I absolutely agree with you. Some channels are very good. But most channels have bad effects on young generation.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.